Why should I chose a service from Atlantic Gate with traffic limitations if XPTO gives me unlimited traffic?
At Atlantic Gate we only promess what we can deliver. Our servers are connected to the Internet at 100mbps to provide a stable and reliable service to all customers. To offer unlimited traffic we would have to limit the speed to 10mbps, as usual in the market and in that case, giving the example of 100 customers in the same server, each one would only have to himself about 100kbps, a small speed for the actual Internet.
In our servers, suposing we would offer unlimited traffic, because of the bandwidth of 100mbps, just one customer would be able, with relative ease, to make 10 or 20 TeraBytes of traffic just in one month althought in other servers he wouldn't be able to pass 1 or 2 TeraBytes and even that amount of traffic would seriously harm other customers in the same server or network. Probably you are not this kind of customer and you don't want them in the same server your site is, if by any chance you are that kind of costumer we don't have the service you are looking for.
If my service exceed the traffic limit will my site (or other service) be unavailable?
No, in normal cases if there is a peak of the traffic there will be no problem since it does not become routine.
If it becomes a routine we will give you 4 options:
- The payment of traffic exceeded at 0.40Eur./Gb (This is the rule that apply in a case that has not been predictable and that the margin exceeds 10% of the traffic included in the plan);
- Increase the plan to one that includes enough traffic, and in this case a price ajustment will be made, to be paid immediately, until the end of the period originally contracted;
- When possible, limit the service to a bandwidth that force traffic load to lower (not recommended because it will make the service slow);
- Suspension of service until the end of the month in which the counter are put to zero. This situation will only be applied with the customer agreement or in case of lack in response to successive attempts to solve the problem.
If my service exceed the disk space limit, does that mean that it can be unavailable, e.g. emails beeing rejected?
No, in normal cases, if there is a peak of space usage there will be no problem since it does not become routine. If it becamoes a routine we will give you 3 option:
- Payment of the disk space exceeded at 1.00Eur./100Mb/Month (This is the rule that apply in a case that has not been predictable and that the margin exceeds 10% of space included in the plan);
- Increase the plan to one that covers the necessary space, and in this case a price ajustment will be made, to be paid immediately, until the end of the period originally contracted;
- When possible, limit the space to the limit defined in the plan (not recommended because it may limit the service, eg. Stop receiving email). This situation will only be applied with the customer agreement or in case of lack in response to successive attempts to solve the problem.
When I subcribe pre-paid domain packs, how do I do to use them?
If you want to register/renew one or more domais imediatly on the time of purchase you may place the requested information at point a) in comments field.
Alternatively you can then use one of the following possibilities:
a) Make request for registration/renewal of the domain you want through the contacts section of the site (already authenticated with your password) refering the domains you want to register/renew, owner's information (in case of new domains), and you want rebate on your pre-paid domain package;
b) Place your order by email including the same data refered at point a), the email sender must be the same as the email registered on the site and must refer the tax number for verification);
c) Place a purchase on the site in the Domains Section and registration/renewal/transfer corresponding to the pre-paid package you own and want to register/renew, refer in the comments field the information requested in point a). To avoid doubt, you shall make a cart with only the domains to be discounted in you pre-paid package and since you do not have to pay, ignore the values, but must take into account the amount of years to renew.
What precautions should I take to transfer my domain?
The main precaution to take in the process of domain transfer is to start the process well in advance, we recommend at least 15 days before the domain expires. The transfer process usually takes a week to finish successfully, which means that if for some reason it fails at the first try there will be not much tolerance to discover what went wrong and try again.
For the process to go smoothly without surprises it is necessary that: the domain is not locked off and the Auth-ID has be provided, in normal cases it may have to be requested to old registrar; the owner and administrator pay attention to the email carefully to accept the transfer through the emails that they will receive.
If possible you can also request a modification of the domain DNS to point to our DNS servers or configure the DNS servers to point to our server.
9 months remaining for my domain expire, but I am not satisfied with my current service provider and want to change, will I lose the right to those 9 months?
No, if you tranfer your domain to our services, a year of renewal is mandatory, but it will be added to the 9 months you already have. (This apply to most of the domains, but there may be some exceptions)
The top level domain I want do not appear in the Domains section, does this mean that Atlantic Gate won't register it?
No, in that case, please ask us throught the Contacts section about that specific tol level domain and we will check the registration possability.
I've send the check by mail but the services isn't active yet, is there any problem?
In the case of sending the payment check by mail, the service will take at least 2 working days to be activated, which may extend further due to delays in mail and/or checks being from other banks than MillenniumBCP or BES.
But if you pay by bank money transfer from one of our banks, you can see the services running in a few hours.